Wednesday, July 20, 2005

July 20th - Day 8


Today woke up, eat breakfast. We went to The Louvre with our roomie Kim. The tree of us walked around, saw a bunch of famous paintings like the Mona Lisa. The Louvre is huge. I guess it takes a few days to walk through and see everything. At about noon or 1 we left because we saw the main stuff. We walked down the road and some guy was begging me to draw me and Julian agreed I should and offered to pay half. He made me look like a homeless bum in front of the Eiffel Tower. haha. Right after we went to get this Ice Cream that was supposed to rock. It was pretty good. Kim had to do some shopping and me and Julian had to go see more sights so we parted. Julian and I hopped on the tube and headed to The Notre Dame de Paris.

Notre Dame de Paris

The Church was really pretty. Out side there were lots of birds and if you hold up food, lots and lots of little birds will fly or it and peck of a piece. I got video of me doing it that I will ad later. We went inside and the church was huge. Me and Julian gave an offering and we got to light candles and put them next to a representation of Jesus on the cross. After that me and Julian decided to see another church that was around the corner from our hostel. We kind of forgot what we were planning so we just ended up doing laundry and hanging out for a while at our place. Kim came home like 10 minutes later and said she was hungry and invited us to dinner. We went and got food from this restraunt around the corner. The service took forever. In the us its fast, always getting or asking you if you want something. I finished my coke in like 2 mins after getting it. I didn't get offered a new one or anything. The food was good though. After, since we were only like 5 minutes from a red light district and Kim said it was fun. We decided to just walk through. Its funny and crazy the stuff and people that go through there. There were so many drag queens and stuff, it was gross. ha. It was fun though. I got sort of hungry again and I was told these things called crèapes were good. They are basically a really thin pancake with like a spread of jam or chocolate or something and then folded up. It was pretty good, I got mine with jam. After that we all went home and I passed out immediately.

Today is July 20th witch was the unveiling Google Moon which was a way to commemorate the first lunar landing, which occurred on July 20, 1969, and to give users an opportunity to surf around the lunar surface themselves.
Tomorrow is my Birthday - but not really since this post is a few days late. But yay me. haha.

God Bless

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you're really seeing a lot.
I'm happy for you.
Everything sounds so neat!

keep it up & keep in touch.

Love you & God Bless.

stay safe!

Love,Liz

Saturday, July 23, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, did you like those big gothic style churches. VERY CLASSIC LOOKIN'.
anyways, we're talkin on AIM, so why did i comment?

Saturday, July 23, 2005 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, July 25, 2005 3:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home